Thursday, April 17, 2008

Community Service Day

Today was a community service day at school. We get to volunteer at different various venues. How fun. Today, I went to EPACS, where I worked in the garden and read to kindergarteners. We weeded the garden for many hours, and after that, had a reasonably disgusting lunch involving turkey, some sort of mystery cheese that was hard on the outside, and jalapeno chips. Yum. Not to mention rock-hard oatmeal raisin cookies with a trace of strawberry. After that, we labeled books in the library for two hours, and my neck felt like it was going to snap off, roll on the ground and be stepped on by somebody. Just my luck. I'm just glad that I didn't have to work at Glide, making hundreds of sandwichhes all day long. That would have been SO much fun. Yeah right. Then, the highlight of the day was reading random books about trees and sleeping to kindergarteners who quickly got bored and yelled "You liar! You bad person!" to my friend as they beat her with Lego sticks. But she isn't a liar. Or a bad person.

No comments: