I'm currently on the way home blogging with my mom's Blackjack. It's almost out of battery. I was just at the El Camino Youth Symphony Benefit Concert, which was pretty frigging good, although it was purely Tchaikovsky. That was truely the best ever demonstration of variety. First, The orchestra played the Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6, which was 1 hour. A one hour piece. Probably the shortest piece that I have ever heard. Then, there was a half hour intermission where I accomplished nothing whatsoever. After the boredom, a soloist played the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D Major. He wasreally good. (Martin Chalifour, have you heard of him?) Virtuoustic, even. Is virtuoustic a word? Probably not. The worst part of the concert was the audience. These were the most annoying people at the concert:
1. Boy who inhaled snot.
He was sooooo annoying. I wanted to rip my head off. How much snot can you inhale? He snorted at least two times a minute. Even when people looked at him, he would grin and snort as loudly as he could. How mature.
2. Person 2 rows ahead of me who would fidget.
If you are like me, when you listen to people playing, you generally don't appreciate people randoly bobbing their heads up and down or ripping up their programs. Unless you're really bored and want some form of amusement.
3. Old man who coughed at the ends of pieces.
He would cough, not as the piece was finished, but at the last measure of it. Grrr.
Overall, the concert was good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment